Posted by:Rae Kiragu
Band Beca are the duo who’ve been creating waves on our entertainment scene and after they stopped by our studios this past weekend to hang out on Weekend Breakfast With Rae (#WBWR), we found out some pretty interesting things about them.
The crew who’d just returned to Nairobi after a staging in Mombasa, managed to make it in time for the morning Sunday edition of the show, where they not only talked about their journey in music but also performed acapella renditions of them.
Here’s what we got to know.
1. They are both single. Or actually, as they each put it;
Caroline: ‘I’m single but in a relationship with my music.’
Becky: ‘I’m single but in a relationship with Jesus #JesusIsBae’.
2. BeCa is an acronym for both their names and not just short for Becky’s full name.
3. Long before they formed the duo these two were background singers to stars like Camp Mulla!
4. BeCa get most of their singles produced by renown producer Cedo (Cedric Kandenyi).
5. They really only have three songs out. ‘Toka’, ‘Brathe’ and ‘Tonight’.
6. ‘Brathe’ has three different versions to it and all three were recorded on the same day.
7. The duo have co-written all their jams with Bensoul and Mordecai of H_art the band.
Band Beca performed acapella renditions to their songs which you can watch via my (Rae Kiragu’s) Facebook page as it was shot from a phone.
For more exclusive renditions and interviews with some of the stars making headlines on Kenya’s entertainment scene, then catch the show every Saturday and Sunday from 6am to 9am.
In case you weren’t aware about their single ‘Brathe’ having three versions to it, sample these renditions below.