In October, ANGA Cinemas will be launching the first 4D theatres in Kenya.
MX4D Motion EFX Theatre is the newest evolution in the 4D cinema experience, it has immersive environment where one can actually “feel” the action on the screen from the built-in motion and effects in the seats.
The idea behind 4DX is to bring viewers inside the film using a wide array of special effects.
This is how awesome the experience will be:
- The cinema’s chairs are equipped with motors which allow three base movements: heave (up and down), pitch (left and right), and roll (tilt backwards and forward).
- Seats move, vibrate, shoot bursts of air and water while giant fans create wind gusts.
- Fog machines pump out smoke.
- The cinema’s chairs are equipped with motors which allow three base movements: heave (up and down), pitch (left and right), and roll (tilt backwards and forward). This allows the seats to mimic movement on screen, like a plane flying or a car speeding down a street. A team of 4DX editors coordinate the seats’ movement for each movie shown.
- Wind, bubbles, lightning, fog, scent, vibration, air shots, and water shots are used during the movie to simulate explosions, storms, or the “smell of coffee”.
“4DX presents an all-five-senses immersive cinematic experience allowing everyone to connect with the movie,” said its creators.
ANGA Diamond will have four theatres which are able to show 2D, 3D and 4D.
ANGA Cinemas are hoping to open more theatres in and around Nairobi before moving outside the city. Their target is to open 35 cinema theatres in the next five years with at least 100 screens.